Partner organizations celebrate ICPD.
Partner organizations of CECP around the world celebrate ICPD with media outreach, communications to their members, special events, and more. Partner organization initiatives that took place on ICPD in 2013 included:
- CECP gives a special thanks to the ICPD Action Committee created this year, which is a group of likeminded organizations committed to raising the visibility of ICPD by promoting their organizations’ societal engagement efforts through various communications channels. Leading up to ICPD, the committee has sent weekly emails with ICPD actions, storytelling ideas, relevant media profiles and headlines. Members of the committee are 92Y, A Billion + Change, Cantor Fitzgerald, CDC Development Solutions, Collette Vacations, Comunitas, Council on Foundations, FSG, GE, Global Impact, GolinHarris, Good360, ISIS Group, McDonald’s Corporation, Mosaic Company, PG&E, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Total S.A., and Western Union.
- A Billion + Change will lead its February e-newsletter with highlights of how its pledge companies—from the largest in the Fortune 100 to the smallest sole proprietorships—are investing in their communities and leading change through skills-based volunteering. Since 2011, more than 280 businesses have pledged $1.9 billion in pro bono services to address community priorities at home and around the world.
- BCLC wrote a blog post to recognize ICPD, which offers up ideas that companies can implement and issues a call to action for companies to tell their social impact stories. They will be promoting this story through their newsletter and social media channels during the week.
- Council on Foundations sent a note about ICPD to their listserv and posted tweets in the weeks leading up to ICPD.
- CDS proudly announces the publication of New Global Citizen, an online magazine that chronicles the stories, strategies, and impact of leadership, global pro bono, and international engagement around the world. Today’s transformed and increasingly interconnected world has spurred a revolution in its global culture, prompting greater social awareness and innovative, collaborative approaches to addressing complex challenges. The New Global Citizen elevates the thought leadership of individuals, corporations, and others who champion a better future for our world.
- Core Thought will host the 2nd Annual Strategy for Good Summit February 25-March 1 to share how other companies are “doing good AND doing well”. This web/teleconference will bring together 30 of the world’s leading business thinkers, executives, authors and pioneers to share their ideas on how companies can achieve greater impact through their corporate social responsibility initiatives and community engagement strategies.
- Global Impact wrote a blog post from its CEO on global giving and their partner initiatives, which is posted on CECP's Insights blog.
- Good360, an international nonprofit dedicated to fulfilling the needs of charities, school and libraries with corporate product donations, received a CECP Excellence Award in 2012 for their exemplary product donation partnership with The Home Depot. Across their social channels on February 25th, Good360 will highlight a sampling of their other successful corporate partnerships and also celebrate their 30th year of turning product from America’s top brands into goods for the greater good.
- Taproot Foundation will host the Global Pro Bono Summit February 24-28, with CECP as a convening partner. This Summit is an annual gathering of global pro bono leaders that share their talents and skills to increase the level of business community accessibility to organizations. This event serves as an excellent opportunity for corporate and professional services firms and pro bono intermediaries to come together and learn from others’ insights and experiences.
How did your organization celebrate ICPD in 2013? Contact CECP to let us know!