|CECP draws together and empowers senior executives of the world's leading companies to achieve unprecedented progress on societal challenges while driving business performance.|
New York Life Insurance Company
Nurturing the Children
As a life insurer, New York Life is in the business of being there for people in times of need. As a company, New York Life believes this responsibility extends beyond the boundaries of its business and into the cities and towns where its agents and employees live and work. The New York Life Foundation has a long-standing commitment to philanthropy, contributing more than $140 million since 1979 to both national and local nonprofit organizations. In 2011, the Foundation will increase its charitable giving budget by 15 percent to $12.9 million.
|The Global Month of ServiceNew York Life's Global Month of Service facilitated more than 300 projects benefiting young people in the United States, Asia, and Latin America.
- Organizing book drives for at-risk students
- Presenting financial literacy workshops and hosting educational field trips
- Organizing school beautification projects
- Serving as “big buddies” at Comfort Zone Camp, a bereavement camp for children
- Assembling activity kits for children in hospitals
- Organizing child health fairs
- Sponsoring “green” projects and workshops
Executive EventsCEOs discuss philanthropy.Each year in February, CECP hosts the Board of Boards CEO Conference, an annual closed-door meeting of top executives to discuss business' role in solving societal problems.
Learn about CECP's CEO Events »