In summer 2020, following the murder of George Floyd and increased calls for racial justice action across the U.S., the S&P Global Foundation Board committed $1 million for the Foundation to partner with organizations that support equity and racial justice. By year’s end, the organization started supporting the groundbreaking work of three leading U.S. nonprofit organizations with grants identified in partnership with members of the S&P Global BOLD people resource group (PRG).
Since that time, the equity and inclusion grants budget has doubled. The S&P Global Foundation is continuing to expand and evolve commitments by engaging with S&P Global PRGs, and other organizations to identify nonprofit grantees that combat hate and discrimination, support systemic change, and advance advocacy and public education efforts to eliminate disparities and ensure justice.
Below are highlights of the foundation’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) anti-discrimination grants from 2020 and 2021.
- AAPI Civic Engagement Fund/Anti-Racism and Intersectional Justice (ARIJ) Fund
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE)
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Center for Policing Equity (CPE)
- Equal Justice Initiative (EJI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC)
- Lambda Legal
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund (LDF)
- Stop AAPI Hate
For more information please visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/who-we-are/corporate-responsibility/foundation/