As a founding partner and endorser of #GivingTuesday, CECP is excited about the continued growth and impact of this global movement. CECP’s vision for #GivingTuesday is for corporations to join as partners in even larger numbers to share the important investments they are making in communities all over the world, each day of the year.
Share Your Story
- Communicate new corporate community investments and initiatives on the day.
- Create a CEO led communications initiative to showcase the great work you have done over the past year and the importance these efforts have to the leadership in your company.
Galvanize Your Employees
- Plan an employee volunteering activity for #GivingTuesday
- Amplify your corporate matching program by doubling or tripling the normal matching amounts for the day
- Engage employees in your corporate giving with a vote on options for community investment priorities in the new year
- Match the giving from any customers participating with in-store activations such as product donation programs and at-the-till donation schemes.
- Print #GivingTuesday content on your customer receipts and drive traffic to your company initiatives and the movement with website links.
Results from the #GivingTuesday include:
- Blackbaud tweeted that they processed more than $60.9 million in online donations for #GivingTuesday, an increase of 28% compared to 2016.
Building off the event’s momentum in the US, #GivingTuesday focused on spreading the movement globally in 2017, partnering with more than 40,000 local nonprofits and NGOs in 71 countries around the world. To help bring awareness to the day, CECP tapped its Global Exchange network, which seeks to unite country-based, mission-driven corporate societal engagement organizations to advance the corporate sector as a force for good around the world. CSROne, the Global Exchange’s Local Authority in Taiwan, signed on as a Global Leader to support the effort to raise visibility of #GivingTuesday in Taiwan. Other Global Exchange Local Authorities supported the effort digitally, including Cemefi in Mexico and Beyond Philanthropy in Germany.
Initiatives by CECP-affiliated companies include:
- BD double matched all donations made on #GivingTuesday by full-time U.S. associates to any qualifying organization.
- Blackbaud hosted a celebration at Nasdaq, including Opening Bell ceremony, Facebook Live panel discussions with business leaders, including Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP. Watch video here.
- Citi matched all gifts made to #NoKidHungry, up to $100,000.
- Newman’s Own Foundation sponsored the CrowdRise annual holiday giving campaign, with $500,000 in funding and matching donations for participating charities.
- NRG formally unveiled a new partnership with Boston Children’s Hospital as part of its Choose to Give program, which allows NRG customers to support local nonprofits through their electricity plan.
- PayPal added 1% to all donations made to the PayPal Giving Fund as part of its 2017 Holiday Giving Campaign taking place internationally.
- Pearson participated in #GivingTuesday with $25 Kiva microloans for 30,000+ employees, $100,000 in matching Kiva loans to various education partners, and Dollars for Doers grants to match employee volunteer hours.
- S&P Global provided the first 1,000 employees who joined the S&P Global Kiva Lending Team with USD$25 to make a microloan to an entrepreneur of their choice on the Kiva lending site.
- WellsFargo launched the company’s Holiday Food Bank program, marking the occasion with a donation of $5M to United Way, a commitment of 5,000 volunteer hours, and the roll out of food donation centers at 5,900 local WellsFargo branches and mobile donations sites.